This product is manufactured by Gaia Herbs, one of the leading U.S. manufacturers of liquid herbal extracts of guaranteed quality, and certified organic purity.
Recommended dosage is 30 drops 3 times per day by mouth in an ounce of water, taken between meals. Note: This product is only to be taken orally. Do not put in your eyes.
This product can be mixed with the ReVision Formula (1/2 dropperful of each formula).
Each 30 drops contain 500 mg crude herb equivalent.
Studies have shown coleus forskohlii to be effective in helping lower intraocular pressure.
Formula ingredients are as follows:
4 oz Coleus Forskohlii Root Standardized
- Coleus root
- USP grain alcohol (45-55%)
- spring water
- Herb ratio 1:2
Note: Liquid based products are particularly important for individuals who may have limited absorption of nutrients through their digestive system.
Coleus forskohlii and forskolin extracts have an excellent safety profile and are generally without toxicity or side effects at the recommended dosage.
Warnings and Contraindications:
- Caution should be used in a patient with ulcers as forskolin can increase stomach acid levels.
- Caution should also be used in a patient with low blood pressure due to forskolin's hypotensive effects.
- Because of forskolin's effect on platelet aggregation, Coleus forskohlii should be used with caution or avoided in patients with bleeding disorders or on blood-thinning medication, people with hyperthyroid issues, or low body weight concerns.
Note: Not recommended to take if you are on any form of beta blocker eyedrops for glaucoma.
- Thanks for taking time to help me Review by L. Lydon
Thank you very much for all your help and for taking the time to answer my questions. (Posted on 9/2/11)
- Ophthamologist wants to see what I'm taking Review by J. Larrabee
I am so excited and grateful to report that after using your recommended products for Glaucoma, Coleus Forskohlii and Revision Formula, my IOP went from 19 to 14 in 7 weeks! Laser surgery is canceled, and my ophthamologist asked me to bring the herbs in at my next checkup because he "wants to see what I'm taking."
Thanks so much for your wonderful products and support. (Posted on 9/2/11)
- Eye Pressure Lowered Review by G. Pirone
- Thank you for recommending the Coleus Forskolii and ReVision formula for my glaucoma. AFTER increasing the dosage to three times a day for 45 days my eye pressure was lowered to 16 from 22. Twice daily seemed to maintain the 22 (two exams over 6 mo. period substantiated that). I am CONTINUING 3X daily. My goal is to reach 14. (Posted on 9/2/11)
- Dr. Astounded by Improvement Review by J. Hancock