GBE increases circulation to both the brain and extremities of the body. In addition to inhibiting platelet stickiness, GBE regulates the tone and elasticity of blood vessels.4 In other words, it makes circulation more efficient. This improvement in circulation efficiency extends to both large vessels (arteries) and smaller vessels (capillaries) in the circulatory system.5
4. Clostre F. From the body to the cellular membranes: the different levels of pharmacological action of Ginkgo biloba extract. In Rokan (Ginkgo biloba): Recent Results in Pharmacology and Clinic, ed. EW Fnfgeld. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1988, 18098.
5. Jung F, Mrowietz C, et al. Effect of Ginkgo biloba on fluidity of blood and peripheral microcirculation in volunteers. Arzneim-Forsch Drug Res 1990;40:58993.
10. Ferrandini C, Droy-Lefaix MT, Christen Y, eds. Ginkgo biloba Extract (EGb 761) as a Free Radical Scavenger. Paris: Elsevier, 1993.
11. Lebuisson DA, Leroy L, Rigal G. Treatment of senile macular degeneration with Ginkgo biloba extract. A preliminary double-blind, drug versus placebo study. Presse Med 1986;15:155658 [in French].
12. Lanthony P, Cosson JP. Evolution of color vision in diabetic retinopathy treated by extract of Ginkgo biloba. J Fr Ophthalmol 1988;11:67174 [in French].
Recommended dosage is a dropperful (30 drops) 2 times per day.