Pure Focus is a liquid based formula absorbed sublingually (under the tongue) (1 pump is one dose).
Recommended daily dosage is as follows:
- For therapeutic purposes, take 1 pump under the tongue 5 times per day for the first 2 months (each bottle lasts approximately 1 month), then 1 pump 3 times per day thereafter (each bottle after 2nd month lasts approximately 53 days).
- For preventive purposes, take 1 pump 3 times per day for the first 2 months, then 1 pump 2 times per day thereafter.
Note: For best results, Pure Focus should be taken either at least 10 minutes before meals or least 1 hour after meals. In other words, best taken on an empty stomach. Also, take one of the doses when you first get up, and one dose just before you go to sleep. Let the fluid swish in your mouth for a minute before swallowing for best absorption under the tongue.
Nutrient ingredients are as follows:
- Lutein & Zeaxanthin - are the only carotenoid antioxidants active in the eye, and help protect against vision loss due to eye conditions such as Macular Degeneration. Selectively accumulated from plasma and deposited in the lens, macula and lungs, Lutein and Zeaxanthin filter light and serve as potent free radical scavengers for the retina. The macular pigment, composed of Lutein and Zeaxanthin, functions as a color filter to protect the light-sensitive photoreceptor cells (responsible for visual acuity) from light-originated free radical damage. In a number of studies, a higher dietary intake of lutein and zeaxanthin was associated with a lower risk of AMD.
- Vinpocetine - is an extract from periwinkle seeds. It has been well researched and available in Europe for the past twenty years, and has been added for safe and more effective circulatory benefits to the entire retina. It is also used as a memory enhancer and it has been suggested to help in stroke prevention.
- L-Lysine - increases immunity of the mucosal cells in the mouth.
- Vitamin E - protects the delicate structure of lutein from oxidation.
For each dose (1 pump under the tongue), below are the amounts of the above nutrients. Keep in mind that the ratio of taking this formula under the tongue is 5:1 as compared to a capsule and 10:1 as compared to a pill. For example, 5 mg of lutein taken under the tongue in this formula is equal to 25 mg taken in a capsule, and 50 mg taken in pill form.
- Lutein - 1.25 mg per pump
- Zeaxanthin - .03 mg per pump
- Vinpocetine - 1.5 mg per pump
- L-lysine - .38 mg per pump
The formula base contains the following ingredients: purified water, glycerine (from Malaysian Palm), stevia (sweetener), natural flavors, lecithin (is a carrier molecule to help nutrients get absorbed into the mucosa under the tongue) and vitamin E (as a preservative).
This product is kosher USP