Fibromyalgia can be a challenging disease, but the following tips can help you to manage your symptoms:
1) Keep track of the pain: Keep a pain diary so that you can connect your symptoms to other factors in your life including diet, environment, and activities.
2) Do not expect too much from your medication: Though there are drugs that have been approved to treat fibromyalgia, they do not work for everyone.
3) Consider alternative and complementary therapies: Yoga, meditation, massage, acupuncture, Tai Chi, biofeedback, and other forms of bodywork and stress relief techniques have been proven to help manage the pain of fibromyalgia.
4) Be an active participant in your care: If your doctor is not helping you find the best way to deal with your particular symptoms or is not taking your pain seriously, consider finding another provider.
5) Avoiding activity due to pain: Remaining active and pursuing activities that bring you joy and exercise your body are keys to your health.