Many people come in to the office concerned about eye floaters. A lot of patients have probably been told that there is nothing that can be done about these annoying specks and streaks that move across the field of vision, but you can take steps to reduce and prevent eye floaters.
Here is some dietary advice I offer my patients. For more tips on how to reduce and eliminate floaters please visit our website.
- Eat brown rice and other whole grains instead of refined and processed grains (such as white bread and pasta).
- Use unsulfured molasses and fruit juices for sweetening instead of white sugar, chocolate, or honey.
- Drink rice, almond, or soy milk, herb tea or unsweetened, diluted fruit juices instead of coffee, tea, alcohol, or dairy drinks.
- Steam or bake foods instead of frying them.
- Eat lots of vegetables, but avoid the nightshade family (e.g., tomatoes, green peppers, white potatoes and eggplant).
- Minimize your use of salt.