Our most popular homeopathic eyedrops – for dry eye, lens clarity, and eye irritation reduction are back in stock. They’ve been on manufacturer back order for nearly a year so we are all delighted at their return.
Best Use of Homeopathics
For some conditions, in which we can successfully bring relief by stimulating the body’s natural responses to certain symptoms, homeopathics can be quite effective. Sometimes they act alone and sometimes they may be more effective in combination with other nutrients or treatments as they provide synergistic support to those therapies.
What are Homeopathics?
Homeopathy is a complementary medicine that has been around for over 200 years, initially developed in 1796 by the German physician Samuel Hahnemann. The therapy uses a wide range of substances found in nature in extreme diluted tinctures, pellet or tablet form to help the body’s natural healing process. Clinical trials find that generally, homeopathics are nearly two and a half times more effective than placebo,1 and we are increasingly seeing more specific research as scientists look for natural responses to disease.
There are two guiding principles:
- “Like cures like”—the notion that a disease can be healed by a substance that produces similar symptoms in healthy people
- “Law of minimum dose”—the notion that the lower the dose of the substances, the greater is effectiveness. If fact, the substances are most effective when they are diluted to the point that there nothing left of the substance but its energy stamp. If we recognize that the body is simply a system of interacting energies (as in Traditional Chinese Medicine) then this theory makes a lot of sense.
Here at Natural Eye Care we investigate best methods to help customers and patients naturally maintain and support healthy vision and the natural healing process. Western herbs, vitamins, minerals, essential antioxidants, Chinese medicine, homeopathy, lifestyle adjustments, attention to diet and nutrition, and eye exercises are all part of our protocols. Our recommendations are based on over 40 years of clinical experience and thousands of peer reviewed research studies.
We are excited that theses homeopathic eyedrops are again available.
Cineraria Homeopathic Eyedrops. This traditional homeopathic remedy has been found very useful for patients with lens clarity issues (as well as their pets!).
In pellet form, these are called Cataract Oral Pellets. Researchers into nonsurgical solutions for cataracts recognize that some homeopathics have been found effective in experimental models2 and in early stages of cataracts.3 They contain cineraria maritima, eyebright, and other homeopathic ingredients.
Women’s Tear Stimulation Homeopathic Eyedrops address Dry Eye Syndrome symptoms and can be used by either women or men. These eyedrops trigger release of the three layers of your tears (mucous, oily, and watery).4 5
Allergy Desensitization Homeopathic Eyedrops are especially effective at reducing allergic reactions to environmental allergies such as pollens. Holistic ophthalmologists recommend these to treat allergies which co-exist with dry eyes.6
Ortho K Thin Eyedrops are for day use in cases of chronic dry eye. One optometrist recommends them for insertion of long-term contact lens wear.7 The drops stimulate the tear film and counter-act irritation. They include calendula, known to support corneal health.
Ortho K Thick Eyedrops are for night (or day) use, and provide the same benefits as the “thin” drops, but are designed for more mechanical irritation.
Want to learn more about homeopathics? Listen to Season 1, Episode 23, “Homeopathic Remedies for Your Eyes” of “Natural Eye Care with Dr. Marc Grossman, Holistic Optometrist” on Spotify, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Please feel free to contact us for advice and guidance through our website, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845-475-4158
- Hahn RG. (2013). Homeopathy: meta-analyses of pooled clinical data. Forsch Komplementmed. Oct 17;20(5):376-81. ↩
- Lian RR, Ahshari NA. (2020). The quest for homeopathic and nonsurgical cataract treatment. Curr Opin Ophthalmol. Jan;31(1):61-66. ↩
- Chand DH. (1982). Role of homeopathy in ophthalmological conditions. Ind J Ophthalmol. Jul;30(4):245-248. ↩
- Brisco E. (2018). A Holistic Approach to Treating Dry Eyes. Nat Med J. Dec 28;2018 ↩
- See the previous blog article on dry eyes for more information. ↩
- Ibid. Brisco. (2018). ↩
- Simms L. (no date). Natural Eye Drops Resonate with Patients of Every Age. Retrieved Oct 14 2020 from www.womeninoptometry.com. ↩