Olive Leaf Extract
Olive leaf extract contains oleuropein, a polyphenol that may do a lot more than support the immune system. Researchers find that it can help lower bad cholesterol, reduce hypertension, protect brain functioning and protect the body from oxidative stress. It accomplishes these benefits because it is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent. Oleuropein is found in both olive oil and in the leaf of the tree, hence this useful extract is possible.
There are a number of research studies with animals and also with human identical twins who have identical DNA to investigate its ability to reduce high blood pressure. Oleuropein is a natural calcium channel blocker which acts to reduce tension inside blood vessel walls. It is helpful in cardiovascular disease because it helps prevent LDL cholesterol from oxidation.
Researchers have also found that oleuropein in olive leaf extract helps to protect the brain, again by being an anti-inflammatory agent and reducing oxidative stress damage.
- Olive leaf extract is found to help protect the brain from damage after a stroke or other nerve damage.1
- The extract helps to lower total and LDL cholesterol and reduce triglycerides.2
- It helps reduce hypertension (high blood pressure).3
- Olive leaf extract reduces the symptoms and inflammation resulting from osteoarthritis.4
- It helps reduce symptoms and inflammation of rheumatoid arthritis.5
1. Olive leaf extract and nerve functioning.
2. Olive leaf extract and high cholesterol.
3. Olive leaf extract and hypertension.
4. Olive leaf extract and osteoarthritis.
5. Olive leaf etract and rheumatoid arthritis.