Xtra Info: Anemia (iron-deficiency) Bibliography
Also see more information about anemia and nutritional recommendations.
1. Sullivan JL. Stored iron and ischemic heart disease. Circulation 1992;86:1036 [editorial].
2. Morck TA, Lynch SR, Cook JD. Inhibition of food iron absorption by coffee. Am J Clin Nutr 1983;37:416-20.
3. Mehta SW, Pritchard ME, Stegman C. Contribution of coffee and tea to anemia among NHANES II participants. Nutr Res 1992;12:209-22.
4. Kaltwasser JP, Werner E, Schalk K, et al. Clinical trial on the effect of regular tea drinking on iron accumulation in genetic haemochromatosis. Gut 1998;43:699-704.
5. Cook JD, Noble NL, Morck TA, et al. Effect of fiber on nonheme iron absorption. Gastroenterology 1983;85:1354-8.
6. Mejia LA, Chew F. Hematological effect of supplementing anemic children with vitamin A alone and in combination with iron. Am J Clin Nutr 1988;48:595-600.
7. Ajayi OA, Nnaji UR. Effect of ascorbic acid supplementation on haematological response and ascorbic acid status of young female adults. Ann Nutr Metab 1990;34:32-6.
8. Hunt JR, Gallagher SK, Johnson LK. Effect of ascorbic acid on apparent iron absorption by women with low iron stores. Am J Clin Nutr 1994;59:1381-5.
9. Schade SG, Cohen RJ, Conrad ME. Effect of hydrochloric acid on iron absorption. N Engl J Med 1968;279:672-4.
10. Bezwoda W, Charlton R, Bothwell T, et al. The importance of gastric hydrochloric acid in the absorption of nonheme food iron. J Lab Clin Med 1978;92:108-16.
11. Grindulis H, Scott PH, Belton NR, Wharton BA. Combined deficiency of iron and vitamin D in Asian toddlers. Arch Dis Child 1986;61:843-8.
12. Lawson M, Thomas M. Vitamin D concentrations in Asian children