On a tight budget?
Our singlemost important recommendation is
Based on Chinese herbal principles, this formula helps ease the eyes
VisionTone (wild crafted herbal formula) 2 oz.
information on diet, nutrition, & self-help
Blepharitis is identified as inflammed eyelids which may arise from a number of causes such as irritations and allergies, infections, insect bites, and so forth. It can range mild, chronic condition due to allergies, or to a severe form with ulcerated eyelids and even damage to the eyes or eyelids.
- Some causes include irritation, insect bites or infections.
- Allergies and sensitivities that manifest in the eyes.
- Environmental pollution or pollen allergies.
- See Drugs That Harm the Eyes for a list of potentially harmful drugs.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes.
- Apply a warm, wet washcloth as a compress to the affected area and hold it in place until cool. Repeat this 3 to 4 times a day.
- Use a commercial lid "scrub" or baby shampoo on a cotton swab to wash your lids.
- Castor oil: (fresh and from the health food store) - place a small bit on a q-tip and apply to the inner lower lid margin.
- Honey: same application as with castor oil. Thin with sterile spring water to reduce stinging. This can be done while doing the "Sunning" eye exercise (see free eye exercises) because it really brings on tearing. Honey is antibiotic, anti-fungal, and antiviral.
- Salt and baking soda: 1/4 teaspoon of salt + 1/4 teaspoon baking soda in 1/2 cup of warm water which has been boiled. Dip finger in the mixture and rub on eye lid margins with eyes closed. Once in the morning and once at night before bed.
Research & Information
Although the underlying physiological cause may be unique, there may be similarities in terms of nutritional, diet and lifestyle recommendations made by Dr. Grossman for eye conditions that result in similar vision symptoms to those of blepharitis.
In order to view the content, you must install the Adobe Flash Player. Please click here to get started.
To see the video, click on the in the video player screen.