Articles on Vision Therapy
Learning Related Vision Problems Get National Attention (Moskowitz)
Behavior Problems and Poor School Performance Linked to Vision (Moskowitz)
Vision problems can make school a struggle (CNN)
Symptoms of Vision Problems that Cause School Troubles (Besser & Birnbaum)
Vision Therapy Research
Research Confirms Vision Therapy Can Improve Reading Comprehension (Harold A. Solan, O.D., M.A., FCOVD)
Connection Possible Between Eye Disorder In Children And ADHD (Dr. David B. Granet)
- Atzmon D, Nemet P, Ishay A, Karni E. A randomized prospective masked and matched comparative study of orthoptic treatment versus conventional reading tutoring treatment for reading disabilities in 62 children. Bin Vis Ey Mus Surg Qtly. 1993; 8:91-106.
- Gur S, Ron S. Does work with visual display units impair visual activities after work? Doc Ophthalmol 1992; 79:253-9.
- Cooper J, Duckman R. Convergence insufficiency: incidence, diagnosis and treatment. J Am Opt Assoc 1978; 49:673-80.
- Cooper J. Accommodative dysfunction. In: Amos JF, ed. Diagnosis and management in vision care. Boston: Butterworths, 1987:431-60.
- Passmore JW, MacLean F. Convergence insufficiency and it's management: an evaluation of 100 patients receiving a course of orthoptics. Am J Ophthalmol 1957; 43:448-56.
- Mahto RS. Eye strain from convergence insufficiency. Br Med J 1972; 2:546-65.
- Cooper J, Feldman JM, Selenow A, et al. Reduction of asthenopia following accommodative facility training. Am J Optom Physiol Opt 1987; 64:430-6.
- Cooper J, Feldman J. Operant conditioning of fusional convergence ranges using random dot stereograms. Am J Optom Physiol Opt 1980; 57:205-13.
- Grisham DJ, Bowman MC, Owyang LA, Chan CL. Vergence orthoptics: validity and persistence of training effect. Optom Vis Sci 1991; 68:441-51.
- Daum KM. Double blind placebo controlled examination of timing effects in the training of positive vergence. Am J Opt Phyiol Opt 1986; 63:807-12.
- Daum KM, Rutstein RP, Eskridge JB. Efficacy of computerized vergence therapy. Am J Opt Physiol Opt 1987; 64:83-9.
- Vaegan. Convergence and divergence show large and sustained improvement after short isometric exercises. Am J Optom Physiol Opt 1979; 56:23-33.
- Wick B. Vision training for presbyopes. Am J Optom Physiol Opt 1977; 54:244-7.
- Cooper J, Selenow A, Ciufredda KJ, et al. Reduction in asthenopia in patients with convergence insufficiency after fusional vergence training. Am J Optom Physiol Opt 1983; 60:982-9.
- Cooper J, Medow N. Major review: Intermittent exotropia--basic and divergence excess type. Bin Vis Eye Mus Surg Q 1993; 8:187-216.
- Sanflippo S, Clahane AC. The effectiveness of orthoptics alone in selected cases of exodeviations: the immediate results and several years later. Am Orthopt J 1970; 20:104-17.
- Daum KM. Divergence excess: characteristics and results of treatment with orthoptics. Ophthalmol Physiol Opt 1984; 4:15-24.
- Goldrich SG. Optometric therapy of divergence excess strabismus. Am J Optom Physiol Opt 1980; 57:7-14.
- Cooper J. Orthoptic treatment of vertical deviations. J Am Optom Assoc 1988; 59:463-8.
- Daum KM. Predicting results in the orthoptic treatment of accommodative dysfunction. Am J Optom Physiol Opt 1984; 61:184-9.
- Daum KM. Accommodative dysfunction. Doc Ophthalmol 1983; 55:177-98.
- Liu J, Lee M, Jang J. Objective assessment of accommodation orthoptics. I. Dynamic insufficiency. Am J Optom Physiol Opt 1979; 56:285-91.
- Bobier WR, Sivak JG. Orthoptic treatment of subjects showing slow accommodative response. Am J Optom Physiol Opt 1982; 60:678-87.
- Pantano F. Orthoptic treatment of convergence insufficiency: a two year follow-up report. Am Orthopt J 1982; 32:73-80.
- Galloway M, Scheiman M. The efficacy of vision therapy for convergence excess. J Am Optom Assoc 1997; 68:81-6